BookLikes Round Robin

Thanks to Book Cupidity for getting this started.

Let's list favorite old (or older) movies. the list can be long or short, with a narrative or no, anything goes.

The perimeters is that it has to have been made prior to 1980.

Let's tag the post so that we can search it over the weekend - "Fav old movies'. I will also use the tag 'BL Round Robin".

_________________________________________

1. The Maltese Falcoln (1941) - I recently saw this in theaters for a special event and it was immediately added to my list of favorite movies.

2. Arsenic and Old Lace (1944) - The first time I saw this, I was working on a science project for school. My mom started it up and I completely abandoned it.

3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975) -

The Dead Collector: Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!

Peasant 3: Here you are, here's your ninepence.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not dead!

The Dead Collector: Hang on, he says he's not dead!

Peasant 3: Yes he is.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not!

4. The Little Girl That Lives Down the Lane (1976) -

Rynn: [about her mom] My father had given me a small bottle containing some white powder. He said if she should arrive, I should put it in her tea. Calm her, make her less agressive.

Mario: Well it sure did, but you didn't know what it was, eh?

Rynn: Not until after. I looked it up based on it properties. Potassium cyanide.

Mario: And that's what you put in her tea?

Rynn: Father meant what he said about doing anything you have to to survive.

[Mario looks at his tea]

Mario: How come you're not drinking yours?

Rynn: Mine's still too hot, I didn't put in any cold milk. I can still see her red nails holding up that cup. After a few sips she said that the tea tasted of almonds. It's the almond cookies, I told her.

I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting, but these four immediately popped into my head.