Dewey's 24 Hour Opening Event

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Eastern PA

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I pre-ordered the illustrated edition and it's been sitting in my stack since I got it, waiting for this readathon.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

I bought some naan bread the other day and red pepper hummus and I was really looking forward to that. Then I got sick and my friend made me some chicken tortilla soup, I set some aside to sip at throughout the day.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I didn't think I'd get to participate this year due to getting sick, but I woke up this morning feeling great. I have some stuff planned throughout the day, including lunch with my mom and a hockey game later this night, but I'm ready to get some reading in.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

This is my 3rd readathon and I think I have it planned out this time. Unlike the last two readathons, I've planned several events throughout the day (see previous question) to keep me from burning myself out. I also have some audio books on hand, to take a break between books.