2016, ignoring the last two months, has been a good year for me reading wise, pretty much everything else about this year has been pretty awful. I was hoping to read more in November and December, but I was too busy with work (last December wasn't nearly as busy) and way too many social obligations (mostly people who I only see once a year and can't even remember my name). I'm hoping now with the holidays out of the way I'll be able to get back into reading and review writing. Looking back I've chosen the 10 best and worst books of 2016:
10 Worst Books of 2016:
10. The Dragon's Chosen
9. Stargate SG-1: Alliances
8. A Cure for Madness
7. The Force Awakens
6. The Apple Tart of Hope
5. The Gilded Chain
4. The Art of Being Normal
3. Veronica's Grave
2. The Cursed Child Part 1 & 2
10 Best Books of 2016:
10. Postmortem: Establishing the Cause of the Death
9. London Stone
8. Vision: Volume 1
7. Scary Mary
6. We Have Always Lived in the Castle
5. Sherlock: Chronicles
4. Death in the Tunnel
3. When I First Knew
1. The Monstrumologist
Going into 2016 I had a list of goals I wanted to complete. I listed seven goals:
1. Participate in four readathons. (Completed)
Bout of Books 15.0
Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon 2x
2. Finish "The Wheel of Time" series. (Incomplete)
I'm still working on this series. I enjoy reading these books, but they are a long read and I find that I enjoy reading them more when I space them out.
3. Read The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. (Incomplete)
I didn't get to this book this year, but I will be moving this goal to 2017.
4. Reduce Library shelf by half. (Completed)
At the start of the year I had 134 books on my list to borrow from the library, I managed to get the list down to 59. I removed a lot of books, due to having lost interest in them and several from reading.
5. Read Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. (Completed)
I read this and gave it a four star rating.
6. Finish one series other than "The Wheel of Time". (Completed)
I completed The Harper Hall Trilogy, The Inkheart Trilogy, and Flavia de Luce (at least all the books that are currently out). I also managed to added a couple of more series to my TBR.
7. Read at least 100 books. (Completed)
2017 Reading Goals:
1. Participate in four readathons.
2. Reduce my Library TBR by half.
3. Read the following books:
The Count of Monte Cristo
A Dance with Dragons
Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit
A Dance with Dragons
Finish the following series Monstrumologist, Deathnote, Pendragon
4. Read 100 books.
I hope everybody has a safe and Happy New Year!